Monday, November 1, 2010

Anchorage

I went to Anchorage. I looked at the weather before I left and all was good. Jim had to work so I went by myself. All was well till I hit Cantwell. There was a snowstorm. It wasn't horrible but there was plenty of snow and ice on the road. I started slipping so I started to correct it. It didn't help. I remembered Jim's exact phrase running through my head from two years ago when he taught me how to drive in the snow, "About 90% of the time you'll be able to correct." I started thinking, this is the 10% right now. I can't do anything. Finally out of desperation I hit my brakes! Which I know I am not supposed to do but I was going in the ditch no matter what. There was no way around it. I ended up in the ditch and was stuck, really stuck. Sorry I didn't get a picture, but at the time, I was more concerned with getting out of the ditch.

Well, not more than 5 minutes later, I had my snow boots on and had a guy with a truck stopped on the side of the road and he was able to pull me out. I thank Heavenly Father for this man, because I know it isn't something that most people would stop and do or have the equipment to do so. He actually put the tow strap in his truck that morning because he had a feeling it was going to come in handy! WOW! I wondered if he was a member of the church. I didn't think to ask I was more of thinking Thank you!!

After about 1 hour longer of being in the snow storm, I hit Wasilla and the roads were finally clear. I made it to Anchorage and checked into my hotel and headed straight for the whole reason I went there for in the first place, THE TEMPLE! I went through 4 sessions. It was soooo nice. I love the temple.

I also ate at a very delicious restaurant that you must eat at if you are ever in Anchorage, called the Mooses Tooth.

3 comments:

Monica Bingham said...

please send me an email with as much or as little information you are comfortable with. goofy_monica@hotmail.com
Thanks so much I appreciate your willingness to share

Monica Bingham said...

What an awesome and moveing experience. I love those days when you don't need faith because of the inspiration and proof that someone is looking out for you.

Scottie and Angie said...

Oh my goodness I am so happy you are ok, and what a neat story about the guy putting in the straps taht Morning!!!!!! WOW so cool. How neat you were able to go to the temple, your post gave me the chills!