Monday, November 15, 2010

My Delicious Styrofoam Cake




So, at work, the student counselor is always teasing and playing jokes on people. I decided I wanted to play a little joke on him. I came up with this idea about 3 months ago and planned it for psychology week, since his birthday had already passed.
I made a cake out of "tasty" styrofoam. Then planned a "Surprise party" in one of the classrooms he was supposed to go to that day. (I talked with the teacher before hand and he actually helped me come up with when to pull the trick on him.) So, I took the cake to work and quickly learned that the counselor was out sick. I was disappointed but I decided to leave it on his desk with a note that told him about the party that he missed and that I wanted him to be able to enjoy the cake so I saved it for him.
When he came to work, I approached him about the cake. He said it looked great and he couldn't wait to go home and have ice cream on it.
The next day, I decided to go inquiry about the cake and see how it "tasted." I found the cake still on his desk not even touched. I played along and said, "you didn't eat the cake?!"
Counselor: "It was a little hard."
Me: "why?"
"Because it isn't real. I picked it up to take it home and realized it didn't weigh as much as a regular cake so I tapped it and it didn't sound quite normal."


(Note to self: Put weights in it next time.)
We both laughed and he thought it was a great joke. He took it around with him for the majority of the day showing off his fake cake. I did make him a real cake but he wasn't nearly as happy about it.

Below is the real cake, not quite as fancy.

No comments: