Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Complete Woman's Herbal by Anne McIntyre

So I have been reading a really The Complete Woman's Herbal. I have fallen in love with it. I borrowed it from a friend and decided I will buy my own copy.

It talks about what to eat and why. It says tht non organic food doesn't have magnesium. The reason the body needs magnesium is because it helps with the absorption of vitamin B6. It also helps stabilize hormones. Another thing I have learned from this book is about chromium. Chromium helps regulate blood sugar. However, sugar decreases the amount of chromium in the body so the more sugar you eat, naturally you will have worse and worse blood sugar levels. Now, that is kind of a given. However, I found it facsinating about the chromium.
Not only does it talk about infertility and the organic vs. nonorganic, it also goes through the entire life of a women. I have mainly been focusing on the infertility part. I have been glancing at other parts of the book as well and find them just as facsinating but don't have time to read everything right now.
Also, my computer is acting up so I can only view other people's blogs, but I can't leave comments. So, just know that I still love you all.

No comments: