Sunday, May 30, 2010

Camping

We camped along the Chena river. There are no roads back to this spot so we rode our fourwheelers. It was very nice. I rained for about 5 minutes then the sun came back out and dried everything. We saw about 5 boats go by on the river.


We ate dinner, built a fire and roasted hotdogs and then made s'mores. One of Jim's hotdogs fell off his stick because the stick burned off. He later used it as fishing bait. Surprise! He didn't catch anything.



This picture was taken just before midnight. I had to show you how light it is so late in the night.




We all three took cots, but none of us used them. Jim's ripped (the cot was old and ready to retire. It was from W W II !!!) So, I figured if he is sleeping on the ground, I might as well sleep next to him. Sorry about the darkness. It was taken pretty late, around 12:30.This is as dark as it gets though, it starts getting light again right around this time.

3 comments:

Scottie and Angie said...

I love camping! How fun! I remember when my family took our trip to Alaska during the summer and it stayed light almost all night long! WOW

Wendy said...

I want to go camping! FUN!
The light thing would totally confuse me...miss you! Thanks for chatting the other day!

Monica Bingham said...

Looks like tons of fun! I hope you had a great time and hope Sally is ok :D