Saturday, June 27, 2009

Missionary

Well, some of you know that I have been sharing the gospel with my cousins for many years. I kept telling her we are saved by grace and judged by works. No matter how many times I told her, it seemed it went in one ear and out the other. I couldn't figure it out. Last night I made the realization that she was getting her information from anti mormon literature and it had stated somewhere that we believe we are saved by works because of the verse in 2 Nephi 25:23 which states "after all we can do." I told her her via email that we do not believe we are saved by works, that she should be careful what she reads and that the Book of Mormon is true. One may read it and misinterpret it and not believe it and therefore say it is false, but then again one could misinterpret the Bible and therefore not believe it. We must remember that different people interpret different things different ways. I told her the "after all we can do" phrase just means we are judged by works.

1 comment:

Scottie and Angie said...

Good work!!! I am proud of you for being a missionary!!!