Monday, June 22, 2009

Alaska Summer

Here are some pictures of what I have been up to since my parents left. We have about 23 hours of daylight. It seems like 24 because when the sun is down, it doesn't seem like it is and then it comes back up again. It is really nice. Last night was summer solstice so we will be decreasing in our daylight now. It is sad!!!!!! very sad!!!!

This table was free from some lady Jim knows. (I think from work.)I love it because it makes more counter space available in my kitchen now since I have the microwave and toaster on it. Before the table, I did not have much room at all to do my baking that I love so much!


I know this sounds weird (with all the daylight) but I have been enjoying reading a book. Most of you have probably heard of it. Talk about a guilt trip. I am taking this time off work since there is no school yet, to read some books that I have been wanting to read.
I have applied for full time positions. I have been told they are running behind and will not interview until the middle of July. I do not know if this is true or not but I actually don't need the job, I just want the job.

I have been teaching piano lessons to a young girl in my ward. We started about a month ago and she is doing great. I will start with three more students in July.


This is the big basket that I showed a picture of in the post titled my indoor garden. Well, it is now an outdoor garden. We have not had any ripe strawberries yet, but as you can see, we will have them soon. They are turning white!!!!! I can't wait and neither can Jim, strawberries are his favorite!
In addition to the strawberries we also have 5 plants of greeen beens (out or 4 rows) :-( Radishes coming up real quick and doing great, carrots like enough to can, zuccinni, lettuce, spinach, and one potato plant I found this morning while weeding (out of 4 rows) :-( Oh, and I almost forgot, we have tomatoes and bell pepper plants doing great. They are not producing yet, but will soon. They are getting big.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you are doing well. So weird that it is light almost all day-cool though! Love ya!

Monica Bingham said...

Glad your garden is doing so well! The strawberry plants look fantastic. Sounds like you are staying busy.