Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2 Really Exciting Things in my Life!!!!!

I found out Monday that I will be a long term sub for a teacher that is going on maternity leave. I will be paid teacher SALARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so good to have a full time teaching job lined up even if it is only for 3 months.
ALSO, something else happened that I have wanted and waited for for a little over a year. You see, when James and I moved up to Alaska, we were not able to see our house before we moved here and the company pays rent so I wasn't too concerned. Well, the very day I got here, I saw the kitchen and was not very happy because of the size, amount of storage space (we keep a lot of our kitchen things in the garage, not just food storage.) Well, there also wasn't a dishwasher. I came up with the brilliant plan to buy a portable dishwasher and put it where the fridge was and move the fridge across the kitchen. Well, we checked with our landlord and he said that if we bought a regular dishwasher, he would install it and put an extra cupboard in. We bought a dishwasher about 6 weeks ago. It had been sitting in the kitchen in a box till yesterday, when Jim had the day off and went and bugged our landlord to come install it. It is still not 100% put in. As you can see it needs a counter top and also needs to be bolted to the floor. But IT RUNS!!!!!! I am ecstatic.

2 comments:

Monica Bingham said...

FANTASTIC! I lived without a dishwasher for the first couple years of marrage and insisted when Aden was born that I HAD to have one....I don't know how I lived without it! And congrats on the job that is super exciting to be a sub on a more perminent basis

Scottie and Angie said...

WOW Congrats Ronnie,
Two very exciting things. I am so happy for your long term subing position! What grade? you will do an amazing job!