Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No longer just a substitute

I am happy to report I finally received my Alaska State teaching Certificate in the mail. I also have a new job. I am no longer a traveling subtitute. I am a building substitute.This means I am guaranteed work till the end of the school year and don't have to sit at home and wait for the phone to ring. I show up at one school everyday no matter if I am needed in a classroom or not. If I am not needed in a classroom as a sub. teacher then I float around and help make copies, tutor, and so on. Today out of almost three weeks, was the first day I wasn't in the classroom and I kept myself plenty busy. Building sub looks really good on a resume for future full time teaching positions.

3 comments:

Monica Bingham said...

That is AWESOME! Congratulations!!!

Wendy said...

Veronica that's GREAT! Congrats!

Scottie and Angie said...

WOW congrats I am so happy for you!!! Way to go girl!