Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Cholesterol and My Gallbladder

I have low cholesterol. I mean the low total, good and the bad. All of it. Not just the good like most people. Lucky me. It is genetic. It runs in my family. Although not all of my relatives have it, there are a few of us that do.
So, for those of you that don't know, cholesterol when too high or too low causes hormone imbalance, and depression and anxiety as well for it being too low.With this knowledge, I knew and doctors knew I needed to bring it up. So, that's what I did. I ate some type of fat at every meal. Usually coconut (oil, shredded or butter) but sometimes I had bacon and I am not talking about a serving of bacon. I am talking I ate the whole package of bacon in one sitting. These are my two favorites. Well, I started having stomach issues. After a blood test, it was confirmed that my cholesterol couldn't get any better. It was exactly where it was supposed to be. It is the best it has ever been. It is one of the best I have ever heard of. I was excited to hear the news. However, the bad news is my gallbladder can't keep up with the fat I eat. So, I have to choose, feel sick and eat fat and have normal hormones, or feel good and have bad hormones. Apparently I can't have both.
Just in case you were wondering here are my numbers...
bad cholesterol mine:89  normal reference range less than 130.
good cholesterol mine: 64!!! normal reference range greater than 46.
total cholesterol mine: 162 normal reference range I can't remember the low end number but the high end number is like 200. I was right around the middle between the two numbers.

Well, school is around the corner. I have enjoyed my summer.

No comments: