Thursday, July 18, 2013

Is it our Dinner? Or is it the Dog's Dinner?

I bought a new cookbook for the Paleo diet. I was looking through it and saw something that looked like I would feed it to my dog. yes, marrow bones. I never knew that we could eat any of it. I thought it was all grissel and bone. I never once thought people would cook it and eat it. So I decided to give it a try. Oh, I do not know how I ever survived without eating this all my life. It was wonderful. Now, I must warn you, Jim absolutely thought it was disgusting. So, I take it not everyone likes them. It did gross me out at first. I mean it is the leg of the cow. But then I started thinking, we eat all the other parts too.
Apparently these are supposed to be really healthy. They are really high in good fat.
They are really easy to make too. Open the package, put them in a baking dish, set oven to 450 degrees, sprinkle with salt and pepper and garlic (optional) I put mine on after it cooked, and let it cook for 30 minutes.
One other thing I thought was funny, the cashier, who just happens to be one of my best friends, said while she was ringing everything up, "Oh, Sally gets a treat!"
Me: "No those are for dinner.
Cashier: "you're going to cook them right?"
I just thought it was funny. 

2 comments:

Katy said...

Haha Jenny ( I am assuming it was Jenny ).

It looks really weird I never knew you could eat bone. I might have to try this.

Veronica said...

You don't eat the actual bone. You eat what is inside the bone. The marrow.