Sunday, June 30, 2013

Run From the Cops!

This was really fun and I encourage the people in the Fairbanks area to start training so they can do it next year. This is me after my attempted escape from the cops.

This is me before my attempted escape from the cops.

The race was a 5k. It was my first. I wanted to start with something short before I plunged into a really long race with no experience. I couldn't have picked a better one. This was really fun and I look forward to trying to outrun the cops next year. The cops gave us a head start by 30 seconds (so they say.) I made it to the half way point before they caught me. They "hand cuff" you with silly string when they catch you. They finished the race in about 28 minutes. I finished in 35 minutes and 22 seconds. This is my personal record. So I did really good. James was at the finish line which helped me keep motivated and my speed up.
So, I plan on training this year to improve my speed and hopefully I will outrun the cops next year.
Cross my fingers I will keep up the training and I will be able to do the Santa Claus half marathon in August. I have been slacking on my training. Ouch!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hey! Long time-no talk! Way to go! A 5k is something I've always wanted to do, but haven't done...yet. :) You look great!