Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sad News with a little Seaweed

So, I was normal, for a little while. I don't know why, or what I did differently, but I don't have the regular cycle anymore. My cysts are back according to the ultrasound I had today. I don't know why I the periods and now nothing. My thinking is it could be stress from work, not eating as healthy as I should since I haven't made the time to do so with work, or it could be that I haven't been exercising. Anyway, it could be all of those things mixed together. I don't know. I just know the diet works and I need to stick to it harder than I have been along with the exercise and making the stress go down.
I bought a new book called, "Secrets of Longevity Hundreds of ways to live to be 100," by Dr. Mao Shing Ni. He has a lot of good information, most of which I already know, but he brought up a new thing I have not heard of. Seaweed has iodine in it, naturally! Not the added stuff that is in table salt. (Which, bytheway, I stopped eating. I now eat sea salt.) Iodine has been linked to help with thyroid problems, goiters and cysts! So, I decided to try it. My facial hair, attitude and everything but my cysts are good. So, If I just need to get rid of cysts, then why not have some seaweed! I bought and tried some yesterday. (Before I found out my cysts were like glue and sticking to me.) It was revolting! I thought it wouldn't be that bad. Apparently it is an aquired tasted. Then I was thinking that maybe it was the type. You know how spinach tastes good raw but not canned? So, I bought some in a soup mix. It was better, but I still didn't like it. So, I tried cooking it differently, and still didn't like it. I finally broke down and bought it in pill form. I don't taste it, and it goes down quickly. WOW! How easy was that?. I also plan on exercising and sticking to my diet more so that I can be regular again. I tend to do reverse my eating habits when I see things working and then think ok I am good. Then I start eating badly again. I can't do that anymore. ARG!
Everything else is still normal. I still have lower levels of testosterone, and my A1C and all that is still normal according to my last test. It's just the cysts! They're nasty and annoying! I think they are worse than seaweed!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That stinks. Let me know if you ever find a good recipe for seaweed. ;)I hope the supplements help.