Monday, February 21, 2011

Infertility Update Warning too much info for some!

A while back I did a post talking about my infertility issues. I would like to update that information as I am starting to see new things come to pass. For some, this may be too much info, however, I am posting it anyway because I am way excited about it.
I have been charting my Basal Body Temperature every morning about 4 months now. This is to help women to see when they are ovulating so they can plan around that time to get pregnant. I however, didn't start doing this charting to get pregnant. I started to see if I could see any patterns with what little I have of a woman cycle. Ok so I will be honest, mine has been nonexistant since I was 17. (Unless I took drugs to induce things to happen. But that is a different story.)
The first month, I saw absolutely no sign. My temps were very weird. I couldn't predict anything. I didn't show signs of ovualting. My second month, I showed a slight sign of ovulating, but it wasn't a for sure because it was a very slight dip in temp. However, I did have some spotting, at what time I think (according to the ?Ovulating? that happened) I should have been on my period. So, that was very exciting. Yes, I was excited about bleeding.
The next month, I showed a definant sign of ovulating, but no bleeding.
This month, I showed a definant sign of ovulating and I am having an extremely light period! My cycles are still not completely predictable. I am anywhere from 28 days to 32 days.
I still have a ways to go before I will be able to conceive on my own. However, this is a HUGE deal for me.
I have not lost anymore weight. I don't need to, I just want to. I am 5 pounds away from what I was when I got married.
My cholesterol is on the low end of normal. I enjoy eating my sausage every morning for breakfast. LOL Darn it if I ever have high cholesterol.

2 comments:

Scottie and Angie said...

Congrats Ronnie!!! It's little successes like this that keep us going right? I hope things continue to work out for you!

Monica Bingham said...

Yay! That is fantastic :D I charted with both my boys and it was two very different experiences. With Aden everything was text book...with Raleigh absolutly nothing was text book. So keep going...keep charting even when things don't go exactly how they are supposed to :D